cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**bleep** updates!

Just_LH
Ambassador

The 4k box was updated again, I guess......

Yesterday I came home, nothing works. TV or internet, 2 solid lines on the modem.

After 3hrs I restarted everything. It was working.

After 1 hours watching tv, the box shut down and restarted.  after watching another hour it did that again!

I stopped watching.

Today I started with unplugging for 1h and since it is working.

With the exception of the volume control. again!

I said this before. The volume control turns into an on/off switch. On 0 it's muted on 1 it's full volume.

I restarted several times but since I don't know what is fixing this issue it's still not working.

In the past it stared working at some point.

Very disappointed with Optic tv, the 4k box and the guide. 😞

4 REPLIES 4

Just_LH
Ambassador

Update on the volume control.

I started watching an older recording and realized that the volume control was working.

So I looked at another older recording and the control was not working.

Then I looked at the channels. ( even that I don't understand how volume control can be effected on recordings ?!)

So live channels 9143 and 9139 and 9135 has working volume control.

These are SD channels.

Lower channels that I usually watch have SD programs but also HD like 104 and no working volume control.

141 however has sd next to it and it has volume control.

You can also try this on any other HD-SD double channels. cbc ytv gametv  etc.

So at this point it is pretty clear that the volume control on HD channels got messed up.

Update on the volume control.

It's working now on all the channels I tried. HD and SD.

Disappointing is the lack of acknowledgement.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
I’ve never had that issue, if it was a software issue it would be affecting a majority of people.

If it happens again I recommend resetting the remote. https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/optik-tv-remote-not-working

Valid though, but how can the remote tell if it's SD or HD channel?

This is why I wrote it here, to see if others have this problem, but I bet many people just use their tv volume so never notice this.