Y do new cust. get bonuses like $400, laptops when longstanding cust get NO recognition,perks?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

DMC
Resident

As a faithful customers for over 4 years, I get very upset when I see "new promos" offering things like $400.00 gift cards, free TV's, free laptops, etc.  when I have received free NOTHING!  I pay over $250 a month (on time, every month) for two years and feel that *existing* customers in good standing should at *least* be given some kind of "loyalty award options" Such as new laptop, free certain movie packs for a year, a gift card of some kind....ANYTHING.  Loyal customers feel resentful and ignored and it makes us (me in particular) wonder if taking up on some other providers offer may be the way to go!  PLEASE remember your long time customers in these promotions and at least throw us SOME KIND of bone to let us know that your years of loyalty to Telus has not gone unnoticed!!

Irishgranny
Ambassador

I completely agree...have been a long-time customer and would love to see some kind of recognition.  Maybe once a year or so....hard to see all those goodies going to new customers..what's our encouragement to stay with Telus ?

Community Power User
Community Power User

So you want to go on a new 3 year contract that includes the cost of the "bonus" that you want in the price? It's cheaper to go to a store and buy the TV / laptop etc. 

If you want to see what options are available to you for pricing, or possible discounts, try calling Telus. It's more effective.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

I agree with @Nighthawk, being locked into a contract may seem great when you start out (especially with sweet perks like a $400 visa), but you're more likely to pay more per month of the long haul than someone who chooses to go month-to-month and negotiate with their loyalty department. I've managed to extend my 'promo pricing' for internet over the past few years by calling in.

I'd like to examine what the term 'loyalty' means, but maybe i'll save that for another thread. haha 

iPhone power user
Community Power User
Community Power User

"I'd like to examine what the term 'loyalty' means, but maybe i'll save that for another thread."

Seems a discussion close to religion & politics. Definitely for another thread!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
kikithecafekief101
Ambassador

My mom sign up for telus optik tv and Internet when they went from analog to digital in June 2010 but before that we had home phone and Internet 5 with the wireline and old dlink modem for so many years,  my dad is a senior 70 years old and had 4 years and would like a new 40inch, he has a old  100lbs lg tube tv from the brick

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

I would like a lamborghini and $100 million. Should telus give that to me too? I've been loyal...lol

iPhone power user