cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Xbox app server blocked

Djaymo
Organizer

ok. so this has been driving me nuts for a few days now. I usually game on my xbox and PC. now ive never used a game from the MS store with the xbox app on the pc so i never had issues. But i been trying to play through the app this week and cant play with any of my friends.I tried all the xbox support solutions that are computer based issues and no luck solving my problem same with the 100s of google searches that range from removing adapters in the device manager to syncing date a time on the pc lol. so i go to check the network settings on the app and get this. 

xboxapp.jpg

Now the app runs pretty much like an xbox and uses the same stuff while gaming online so you can do crossplay etc so when i game on my xbox i have that running on a static ip and portforwarded accordingly on the router. so i have no issues there. I also have my PC on a static ip but that didnt help. and i cant portforward the same ports on my pc too the router wont let me because my xbox is using them. Ive tried using a DMZ as well and no luck. I have to think its router issue though because i checked my other pc and my laptop network settings and get the same "server blocked" issue.I am at my witts end with this and cant figure it out and was hoping some other telus users were having similar issues anyone? lol oh and im using the  Actiontec T3200M modem/router. anyways any help would be appreciated because im lost AF right now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Seems fixed -

• I got a moderate NAT and server connected on shaw with no ports forwarded with multiple xbox live devices on the router.  The first couple always get open and the 3rd get moderate. 
  • I got a strict NAT and server connected on Telus with no ports forwarded.  One teen was actively using xbox live when running tests so I expected the strict.
  • To get multiple xbox live devices all with open NAT my fix has always been to bridge ISP modem to a Netgear r7000 nighthawk, give all xbox devices reserved ips and turn on QOS and UpnP.   We have had up to 5 devices online all with open NAT with this solution.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20