cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi password on box not working

ErinW
Helpful Neighbour
Have two wifi networks in the house. Internet is working just fine. But if I try to connect to the Telus wifi router directly, either the -2.4g or -5g, I got a response saying the password is incorrect. But it’s the password on the box. Verified 400 times now! Why?
4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is it possible that the password was changed in the Admin panel?  I suggest you login to the router and re-confirm the Wi-Fi password.

See this link for more info about Wi-Fi setup.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

ErinW
Helpful Neighbour
Nope. No chance it was changed. And I can’t login to the admin panel on the router because I can’t connect to the router. I’m in a circle.
Should I just do a reset or something? Someone said that reverts it to factory settings. Will that return it to thenpassword on the box? The weird thing is that devices that have always been connected to it are still working but I cannot connect new devices or devices that have “forgotten” the network.
We did have problems a few weeks ago and we reboot everything. It’s been since then.

ErinW
Helpful Neighbour
Actually what is also happening is my husbands phone and laptop will automatically connect to that wifi when he’s in the basement, near it, but if he comes upstairs his phone prompts him to enter the password. He usually just ignores it. But we can’t add any new devices.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suggest you factory default and start fresh Reset Instructions.  Once reset recreate your wifi SSID(s) passwords etc.