Wi-Fi boost and original network

AaronQ
Friendly Neighbour
Can anyone tell me if or how I can configure one network using the telus Wi-Fi boosters?

We just installed telus pure fiber (from Shaw) and realized that 5G coverage was limited. Installed a couple of boosters which solved the problem of 5G coverage but introduced a new problem. Everything connected to the boost network will stay on it but switch to 2G when it could be using 5G on the original network. How can I make one network?
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Most folks find it better to run their Wi-Fi entirety on the Boost SSID, as there are often issues of connectivity between the Wi-Fi on the Actiontec not properly communicating with the Ethernet side of the router. Trying to get the Boost devices to work on the same SSID as the Actiontec usually causes difficulties.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
AaronQ
Friendly Neighbour

I guess I'll look into getting another booster for the top floor.  Seems like a bit of a waste though.

Thanks for your input.

@NFtoBC wrote:

Most folks find it better to run their Wi-Fi entirety on the Boost SSID, as there are often issues of connectivity between the Wi-Finon the Actiontec not properly communicating with the Ethernet side of the router. Trying to get the Boost devices to work on the same SSID as the Actiontec usually causes difficulties.

AaronQ
Friendly Neighbour
Just a quick update. So taking NFtoBC’s advice and deciding to just use the boosted
Network through the house I decided as a brand new Optik customer it was worth a quick call to Telus loyalty department to see if there was anything they could do. In large part because I had been seeing ads about a 200 credit towards a three piece booster set for doing the 2 year contract which we had done. Anyway after a long wait on hold, I explained the situation and confusion/disappointment over two networks in the house and the promo I had seen advertised and they send me the expansion FREE. Thank you Telus for really going the extra for a new customer.