cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Google Search ??

Irishgranny
Leader

With the new "upgraded" Telus home page...I have now lost access to Google Search.  I have Google + , but when I enter a search question, I get taken to a bunch of Communities and asked to "Join"  Most of them don't even relate to my search question.   When I click on my desktop Google icon, same thing.  How do I now search for anything ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Google + isn't search. It's Google's version of Facebook. In most browsers, you can search directly by typing your query in the address bar (where you type google.com or other addresses).

google.jpg

Bigger question is: what new Telus homepage? MyTelus was retired / shut down and I'm not aware of Telus having another similar page.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Google + isn't search. It's Google's version of Facebook. In most browsers, you can search directly by typing your query in the address bar (where you type google.com or other addresses).

google.jpg

Bigger question is: what new Telus homepage? MyTelus was retired / shut down and I'm not aware of Telus having another similar page.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I really don't like the new MYTelus homepage....I miss having easy access to the various pages I use all the time...eg.  Webmail...now you have to scroll to bottom of page to find it...Yellow Pages phone lookup...it's gone....Maps...gone also.  I'm sure Telus wants to promote all their various offerings, but why did they have to remove links to everything else...progress ???

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus took down the MyTelus homepage a while ago so I'm really curious exactly what page you are seeing. If you go to MyTelus.com you get redirected to https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/mytelusteluscom-is-now-retired . When you're on the homepage, what address do you see in the bar at the top of the window?

This is my address bar.....https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/content/my-telus

Don't know why it goes to mobility....Message is "MyAccount is now called My Telus"  .   Then scrolling down ..you have links to Telus App,Check data usage,Save data etc.   After all that, at bottom of page are listed all their contacts..."My Webmail...Contact us etc.   Obviously, when they changed me over, they gave me the wrong home page ??

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can also build your own page or use Microsoft's or Yahoo's: see this previous comment.

Windows 10 also creates the same with the tiles on your home screen.  All web browsers allow you to save links as favourites and easily hop where you want with limited scrolling.

And of course, you can search for the term 'Personalized Start Page' to find lots more options.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"