cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Printing Since Installing Boost Wifi

walter_white
Organizer

Hello,

We recently set up Telus' Boost Wifi.  For the most part, everything has been working well, but almost every time we try to print, both our PC and Mac are unable to see the printer on the network.  We usually have to reboot one or both of the Boost Wifi nodes for it to work.  Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have any suggestions?  If it helps, the printer is a Brother MFC 9325.  We previously had just one router and never had any issues.  Not sure if this is related to having a mesh network, or if it's just an issue with the Boost Wifi.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Another user had problems with a wireless printer, which he had to reset using the settings menu.

Did you set up the Boost with a unique SSID, or the same as your Telus Actiontec router/gateway?

Is your printer still connected to the SSID of the Telus Actiontec router/gateway?

I recommend creating a separate SSID for the Boost devices if you have not yet done so.

I suggest connecting your printer to the Telus Actiontec router/gateway by Ethernet cable - it will solve many problems. Wireless is part Voodoo, so the more devices you can connect with Ethernet the better. I have had no issues with my network printer since installing Boost. I had lots of problems before installing the mesh network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Another user had problems with a wireless printer, which he had to reset using the settings menu.

Did you set up the Boost with a unique SSID, or the same as your Telus Actiontec router/gateway?

Is your printer still connected to the SSID of the Telus Actiontec router/gateway?

I recommend creating a separate SSID for the Boost devices if you have not yet done so.

I suggest connecting your printer to the Telus Actiontec router/gateway by Ethernet cable - it will solve many problems. Wireless is part Voodoo, so the more devices you can connect with Ethernet the better. I have had no issues with my network printer since installing Boost. I had lots of problems before installing the mesh network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you very much for your reply! The SSIDs are different, but I had not tried to connect the printer via ethernet. I have since tried that and so far so good. Fingers crossed it keeps working over the next few days. Thanks again!