cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ten Days in hell: Audio/Video Sync Problem

CityKitty
Organizer
Equipment: Samsung 60" TV UN60H6203 Samsung Soundbar HWH450 (set on D.IN) Telus box: Technicolor UIW4001 I am a long time Shaw customer and just recently signed up with Shaw. I ran the tv and soundbar for two years without even a hiccup on a Shaw Blue Sky setup. It was a quick and simple setup and I even had voice input, which is handier than I thought it would be. For the Telus setup, I had t buy a Logitech Harmony Companion remote/hub setup and Alexa (for the voice commands.) Quick and easy setup and working flawlessly with Alexa. Now, if I could watch one, single tv show or recording it would be great. In spite of several internet searches and trying just about everything i can think of, I cannot get the audio and video to sync without a great deal of trouble and annoyance. Yes, I pause and start, rewind and start, turn everything off and back on and even adjust settings through a smartphone app. It's only good until I change channels, rewind or go forward or pause or...well, anything. I am unable to follow a story or even a short news item with much success, as I am either distracted trying to fix the sound or I have just turned everything off in frustration. Why was it so effortless with Shaw and impossible with Telus? I thought they told me they have the superior system. Please help me with any ideas you have to fix this problem. My only alternative is to cancel my contract and go back to Shaw. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are a few posts discussing adding an HDMI converter unit to correct syncing issues. Search HDMI to find them, and see if your issue parallels theirs. Here’s one.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CityKitty
Organizer

OMG I'm so sorry about the wall of text! Can't find an edit or delete button. Let me try this again.

Equipment:

Samsung 60" TV UN60H6203
Samsung Soundbar HWH450 (set on D.IN)
Telus box: Technicolor UIW4001

I am a long time Shaw customer and just recently signed up with Shaw. I ran the tv and soundbar for two years without even a hiccup on a Shaw Blue Sky setup. It was a quick and simple setup and I even had voice input, which is handier than I thought it would be.

For the Telus setup, I had t buy a Logitech Harmony Companion remote/hub setup and Alexa (for the voice commands.) Quick and easy setup and working flawlessly with Alexa. Now, if I could watch one, single tv show or recording it would be great.

In spite of several internet searches and trying just about everything i can think of, I cannot get the audio and video to sync without a great deal of trouble and annoyance. Yes, I pause and start, rewind and start, turn everything off and back on and even adjust settings through a smartphone app. It's only good until I change channels, rewind or go forward or pause or...well, anything.

I am unable to follow a story or even a short news item with much success, as I am either distracted trying to fix the sound or I have just turned everything off in frustration. Why was it so effortless with Shaw and impossible with Telus? I thought they told me they have the superior system.

Please help me with any ideas you have to fix this problem. My only alternative is to cancel my contract and go back to Shaw.

Thanks in advance.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What happens if you take the sound bar out of the mix?

NFtoBC

Sound is just not very good but works the same as the rest of the tvs in the house. Sorta doesn't fix the problem tho. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are a few posts discussing adding an HDMI converter unit to correct syncing issues. Search HDMI to find them, and see if your issue parallels theirs. Here’s one.

NFtoBC

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. Never expected I would need to take tech courses just to watch tv tho. 😂👀😒