Telus webmail down yet again

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

kruisey
Advisor

This is happening all the time why is this?

camarosource
Resident

For the past 3 days, all of a sudden my Email service has been completely UP and DOWN.. Specifically for my cell phone it keeps crashing and saying "unable to verify [My email  name] security certificate"

It keeps taking me to my "Incoming Settings" on my cell phone as if something in the settings has changed... I would normally think that I must have some how did something (Even tho I never touched anything) or something in the background causing issues.. However my DESKTOP computer is having email issues as well. It keeps timing out and asking for my login credentials again even tho it's all set to automatically enter my login information.

I've TRIED to get support but after waiting nearly an HOUR, I gave up..

Community Power User
Community Power User
Seems they’ve been having some kind of backend issue since at least 4 days ago. I’d imagine they’ll have it fixed soon.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
ShellSum
Resident

I am on Vancouver Island. Is anyone else having trouble opening webmail?

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello,

There is an outage with webmail at the moment unfortunately.

Community Power User
Community Power User

It's taking forever to log in for me currently. Painfully slow.

edit: @MTL_Dave You are fast. Our posts were mere seconds apart Smiley Wink

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
enb54
Friendly Neighbour

Is it not possible to show a status message at the login prompt rather than have people wonder what's happening? I have been trying with 3 different web browsers to log in to webmail for at least the last 2 hours until I finally found this forum and realized it was a TELUS issue, not a problem with stuff at my end.

Kermie
Neighbour

My beef with Telus is exactly this. I have been trying to send work files for the last 2 hours with no luck, and just found this forum also. Not the first time I've had this issue and probably won't be the last.

Kermie
Neighbour

Any word on when we get get the service we pay for back?

Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey guys!

Webmail is in fact down. So sorry for the inconvenience!!! It has been down for the last few hours.

Here is the status: 

Issue Details:

Error and latency is experienced within TELUS.net webmail
  • Users are delayed or unable to access their email services

Actions / Updates:

INITIAL - Apr 17, 17:08 ET
  • Issue is isolated to email accounts whose password was just changed
  • Support teams continue to investigate, no ETR

We do not have an ETR but the fact it has been reported is great and we are on it to fix ASAP! Hang tight and thanks for your patience.

Kermie
Neighbour

I haven't changed my password, so its not just those people who are affected.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Interestingly, accessing mail with a mail client has no problems, so it appears to be just the webmail interface. Those of us using mail clients on our devices do not see a delay.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
cannep
Resident

I have not changed my password and can't log in .Get an error message to reset my password. Annoying

canucks4life
Ambassador

POP is not working for me either Smiley Sad

Task 'xxxxxx@telus.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR internal server error'

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I'm having problems logging on and keeping a connection with my Edge and Firefox browsers too.

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

It has been working intermittent for me for several hours.  Just got off chat with support.  They are still working on the problem.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Is-webmail-down/m-p/84836/highlight/true#M16165

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Just got off chat with support.  They are still working on the problem.

Leslie-Jane
Friendly Neighbour

You've stated that this outage is affecting those who changed their TELUS webmail passwords.  That is incorrect, I can't access my email via webmail, I did NOT change my password. 

KWSvictoria
Resident

Yes!  Been having issues since last night.

KWSvictoria
Resident

I have not changed my password, and have had trouble accessing ALL messages since last night.