Telus fiber broken again, support website broken

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

SteveP
Friendly Neighbour
For the second time in four months my Telus fiber has stopped working. Exact symptoms as last time after an extremely lengthy support call and a service visit a few days later determined it was an improperly terminated fiber optic line.

I don't want to spend an hour on hold with tech support since I have very spotty cell coverage at my place but when I try to email them I get an error from the website saying that I don't have permission to access.

So frustrated with Telus right now.
SteveP
Friendly Neighbour
That was more of a rant than a question.

My question is, does anyone know an actual email address I can use vs their broken web form?
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can always reach them on social media facebook or twiiter. Response times are usually fairly quick via those methods. As for the email form not working. Make sure you're not copying and pasting in the mail form or using emoticons.

SteveP
Friendly Neighbour
Can't even get to the form, click on it and it gives me a forbidden resource error. Punching the error into Google shows people reporting the same error for at least two years Smiley Indifferent

I'll try Facebook I don't have Twitter. I don't understand why they don't just have an email address though.
Mango
Connector

Facebook/Twitter will likely tell you there is no tech available.  Ask them to have one call you.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you post the page link you are referencing for the email contact, so we can forward it appropriately?

Thanks. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
SteveP
Friendly Neighbour
Community Power User
Community Power User

The link itself works fine to direct you to the contact page.

Are you trying to use the Email Telus Mobility link?

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 10.38.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-26 at 10.38.30 AM.png

Community Power User
Community Power User

Looks like the email is for Mobility inquiries, and requires a login, so it is checking your services to determine eligibility to continue.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 10.33.28 AM.png

I, too can access the form.  Have you an account set up in 'My Account' with Telus?

The only other ways I see to not wait in the phone queue, are to use Chat, or send a message through Facebook or Twitter.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
SteveP
Friendly Neighbour
They have an email for mobility users but not internet? Huh.

Seems a bit arbitrary but alright. Sent a message via Facebook. It's not just that I don't want to wait on hold, I'm in a very low reception area and I drop calls often so phone tech support can get very tedious
SteveP
Friendly Neighbour
No reply on Facebook. Great.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

You've got my attention. I tested the link you gave. Seems ok. Do you have a portal account set up? As far as the fiber link, I need your tel number to run tests on your circuit. Please provide the info by PM only. Never give your account details on the open forum.

SteveP
Friendly Neighbour
The link I was referring to gave me the forbidden error that westcoasterbc posted above, but I think we decided that it did that because I don't have a mobility account.

Emailing my details to your Telus email account listed in your profile, thanks!
SteveP
Friendly Neighbour
Well I finally gave up on getting help any other way, spent an hour and a half on the phone while they got me to turn it off and on again, restart my computer (regardless of the red fail light on the fibre box), and the various other items on her check list, they're sending a service guy over... In a week. If I didn't know the service was equally as bad with my only other option for internet here I'd tell them to come pick up their modem.

Sigh. But hey, they're not going to charge me for the time I can't use it, so that's something!
Community Power User
Community Power User
Hopefully the tech can resolve your issue once and for all. Extended periods of downtime on fibre is not normal. Keep us posted on how you make out.
Highlighted
Ceminc
Resident
We are having the exact same issue and we are getting the exact same “responses” from Telus. They are useless in actually solving the problem and keep doing the same thing over and over again. Are they the idiots or amI for continuing trying to use their service???