cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus contest???

Call4me
Just Moved In

This is probably not the right forum but, as many of us have experienced, I do not want to be on hold for 30 minutes waiting for an answer from Telus.  I have gotten popup windows where the Telus logo is displayed, saying it is a contest.  Is this for real???  There are comments saying that people have won but I am so leery of spam.  Anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Often time scam sites pretend to be legitimate companies to trick you into giving specific information. They try to mask companies your recognize (amazon, banking institutions , telus etc) to appear like the real thing. Generally they are browser redirects, from spyware on a computer, or sometimes rogue ads.

The adage of if it's to good to be true... If there was a "contest" you would see announcements on Telus social media channels. Facebook, twitter, forum etc.

Legitimate Telus contests will be posted here along with terms and conditions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Often time scam sites pretend to be legitimate companies to trick you into giving specific information. They try to mask companies your recognize (amazon, banking institutions , telus etc) to appear like the real thing. Generally they are browser redirects, from spyware on a computer, or sometimes rogue ads.

The adage of if it's to good to be true... If there was a "contest" you would see announcements on Telus social media channels. Facebook, twitter, forum etc.

Legitimate Telus contests will be posted here along with terms and conditions.