cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus account management revised log in page malfunction

telusfeedback
Organizer
Recently, Telus had revised its MY-TELUS account management log in page and it now goes to a new log in page URL below: https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?client_id=osso_pr&response_type=token&scope=... I discovered that this new log in page does NOT work with TWO out of THREE of my web browsers. I have tried this log in page with Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Seamonkey (essentially same browser core engine as Mozilla Firefox) and with BOTH these browsers, after correctly entering my e-mail address and password and then attempting to log in, the spinner icon keeps animating over the log-in button and the log in never occurs. Only when I use Google Chrome browser is log in successful and I am able to access my account. I have definitely typed in the correct e-mail address and password in ALL scenarios and browsers. This is a serious issue that should be investigated as it is impeding normal access to account management. Furthermore, there are some functions within account management after successful log in with Google Chrome browser, that ends up having the same symptoms. For example, when I went to CONTACT US while logged into my account management successfully with Google Chrome browser, the system attempts to retrieve my account information and pre-fill it in the CONTACT US form, but again the spinner icons just keeps animating and nothing happens. Please thoroughly retest the new log in page at the above URL with multiple major browsers to make sure that they are compatible and working with these browser. I also discovered that this forum input box strips carriage returns when I post a message and it strips line breaks and paragraph breaks. This should be allowed in a long post for readability reasons and Telus should at least allow line breaks / paragraph breaks in forum posts.
4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

While I can’t offer much on the login issue, which works for me in Safari, I wonder if the line break issue is also tied to your browser(s), and not a generic issue. Might the Mozilla engine be sending different codes for ‘P’ or ‘BR’ than do other browsers, with the accompanying mis-interpretation by this interface?

Most of the posts in the Neighbourhood show paragraph breaks, though I’ll state that on most occasions, the automatic capitalization of new paragraphs on my iPad does not work as expected, so work is needed.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@telusfeedback - It appears to be an issue with the way Firefox is processing the script. If you hit Enter a second time after entering your login details, it will log you in to My Account. Tested on Firefox 43 and 61.0.1. Both have the same behaviour.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for this workaround tip with Mozilla browsers. I tested it with Mozilla Seamonkey and can confirm that the double ENTER key after entry of password does move the log in beyond the log in page and into the account management normally. Nevertheless, it's unacceptable that Telus' page coding update did not even do their basic due diligence in the most minimal testing with major browsers, which is not surprising, since it's totally inline with my experience with them to date. Telus needs to fix this issue as soon as possible. Also, I noticed that I can't seem to find the forum LOG OUT link after I log in, and wonder if that's another coding issue, or the forum is the type of log in where like some message boards, there's no log out? I do recall in the past there was a log out function in the forum, but really couldn't find it when I used Mozilla browsers on the forum. As for line breaks being stripped, it can be seen in this new reply that line breaks were still stripped when I used Google Chrome browser. I believe my original post was using Mozilla, and in all cases, line breaks were stripped. I recall posting messages here a long time ago and did not have this problem.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The sign out option is in the drop down of your avatar in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"