cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Boost wifi

Musketter2018
Friendly Neighbour

I'm looking at getting the boost wifi devices for my apartment suite but I have a question about them as the Telus website doesn't give the full specs 

What is the link speed of them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Exhile
Ambassador

I've been able to get 866.5Mbps using the 5Ghz band on my Surface Pro 4 but that limit may be due to the device. A laptop on my network has a limit of 433Mbps so link speed is dependent of what the device can handle. I'm not sure if the Boost WiFi can do 1Gbps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Exhile
Ambassador

I've been able to get 866.5Mbps using the 5Ghz band on my Surface Pro 4 but that limit may be due to the device. A laptop on my network has a limit of 433Mbps so link speed is dependent of what the device can handle. I'm not sure if the Boost WiFi can do 1Gbps.

@Exhile Awesome thanks for the info

Do they use both 2.4g & 5g ?

And does it only show one network name on the devices that your using ?

@Musketter2018 wrote:

@Exhile Awesome thanks for the info

Do they use both 2.4g & 5g ?

And does it only show one network name on the devices that your using ?

Yes, they use both as well as some sort of proximity system that hands over which Boost WiFi a device will connect to. Similar to how cellphone towers handoff a smartphone connection when the smartphone is moving in a certain direction.

Yeah, the Boost WiFi are all under the same SSID as what is set to the T3200M. They list as shown in the image below:

Capture.JPG

@Exhile ok I was wondering cause some of my devices can only pickup 2.4g and some can pickup both the 2.4g & 5g so I wanted to make sure that all of my devices would work with it

The Boost Wi-Fi can be picked up by Windows 7 devices prior to 2011 or whatever Android or iOS smartphones existed at that time. Apparently the Boost WiFi can do 802.11g/n/ac quite well.

@Exhile Awesome thanks !