cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS Smart Hub ZTE 275F won't connect

Jay911
Just Moved In

Since about 11:45 MDT yesterday morning, mt Smart Hub (which is my sole home Internet connectivity) has gone offline. I have rebooted it multiple times and tried to reconnect it within its admin page. The LEDs on the device indicate that everything is good, *except* that my data connection shows 4G instead of LTE. The header on the admin page appears to show the same results - strong 4G connection but the globe icon next to it always has a red X over it (except for brief moments when it tries to reconnect and replaces the red X with spinning arrows).

I have several TELUS mobile phones at my house and all of them show LTE but with only 1-2 bars. This leads me to believe that the tower that is about 1km line of sight from my (rural) house, and is most likely the one that my Hub is registered to, has lost its LTE functionality and fallen back to 4G, which for some reason my Hub refuses to use. My phones are likely hitting the farther-away cell site (~5km with terrain in between me and there) which is why they show weak LTE. Is my guess on-target or is there something else I should be looking to troubleshoot? Is there a way I can check on the functionality of the towers near my location (Bragg Creek, AB)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Jay911 wrote:

Is there a way I can check on the functionality of the towers near my location (Bragg Creek, AB)?

There’s no real means for you to test a particular tower. Assuming Bragg Creek is among the locations where the service is offered,  I suggest contacting Telus, to discuss your issue.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Jay911 wrote:

Is there a way I can check on the functionality of the towers near my location (Bragg Creek, AB)?

There’s no real means for you to test a particular tower. Assuming Bragg Creek is among the locations where the service is offered,  I suggest contacting Telus, to discuss your issue.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"