cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200m log files

jlijli
Organizer

Hello,

Does anyone know how to access the log files of the router please?  I'd like to find out what devices have connected to my network.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's not hard to find. It's labelled "System Log" under Status. It only appears to show the last 24 hours or so on mine. You could also look at Network Device Table, also under Status to see devices that have connected recently.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's not hard to find. It's labelled "System Log" under Status. It only appears to show the last 24 hours or so on mine. You could also look at Network Device Table, also under Status to see devices that have connected recently.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can also change your passwords, so nothing but hardwired can connect, until the user has the new password.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

On a side note, applying mac filtering would allow you to limit what devices to connect to the wifi.

Worked great when I had a few devices.  Now with over a dozen, I gave up.

Thanks everyone. 

I thought of using the mac filter before, but haven't been able to figure out the mac addresses of my device... dumb I know.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What device are you having issues of locating the Mac?

@jlijli wrote:

I thought of using the mac filter before, but haven't been able to figure out the mac addresses of my device...

As each device connects to your router.... you write down the MAC address. Add it to the list and then turn the filtering on.

Thanks xl, but the status doesn't show the mac addresses of the connected devices.

Thanks WestcoasterBC, I only connect my phones to the wifi network.  I remember reading something on the internet about retrieving mac addresses but didn't quite understand so I gave up 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@jlijli wrote:

Thanks xl, but the status doesn't show the mac addresses of the connected devices.

Login to the Admin panel then follow the arrows.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 12.34.28 PM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Ah, there it is!  Thanks so much NFtoBC!  That solved my problem!!

Thanks iliou2093 for the info re: logs.