cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slo mo and rewind function

Kimmy
Just Moved In

We are extremely disappointed that we switched from Shaw to Telus. So many features that they don't have that are important to us. Can't believe there is no slow mo function! And why can't we rewind and then fast forward? We get notification saying that we can't fast forward due to broadcasters rights! We don't want to watch the same show we just rewound 15 minutes for! Get on board Telus! Salesman sure makes it sound good enough to give you a try and then find out we didn't get what we were told. Was excited to try Telus and now soooo sorry we did. Have had to call numerous times to get resets. Phone, Internet or TV weren't working riight. Now the pay per view movies and PVR are freezing intimately every few seconds so we can't even enjoy that aspect! It works fine on the main box but not on the two remote ones. Called about this as well and they were supposed to call back but never did! Strike 3 Telus. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kimmy wrote:

And why can't we rewind and then fast forward? We get notification saying that we can't fast forward due to broadcasters rights! We don't want to watch the same show we just rewound 15 minutes for! 

If you select a show / channel after it starts, and choose to rewind to the beginning, because you were late arriving, the broadcaster prohibits fast forwarding - they want you to see the ads.

If, on the other hand, you start watching the show at the start time, but let it run while you do other things (answer the phone, maybe?), then you can rewind and fast forward to your heart's content.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dimo-X

Hi Kimmy, TELUS and other service providers have no say when it comes to which content you can rewind or fast forward through.  You mentioned that one of your Optik TV boxes works fine but the other two are not working?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kimmy wrote:

And why can't we rewind and then fast forward? We get notification saying that we can't fast forward due to broadcasters rights! We don't want to watch the same show we just rewound 15 minutes for! 

If you select a show / channel after it starts, and choose to rewind to the beginning, because you were late arriving, the broadcaster prohibits fast forwarding - they want you to see the ads.

If, on the other hand, you start watching the show at the start time, but let it run while you do other things (answer the phone, maybe?), then you can rewind and fast forward to your heart's content.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

In the last 4 days I've found the rewind and FF buggy and jumpy on channels I've left it on to go do something , I'm knowing I can rewind it then skip the commercials when I get back to it.

win10
Just Moved In

Will Telus ever provide a firmware update to enable PVR slow motion?