Setting up a second wifi network with the T3200M

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

TrixieDee
Resident
Hi

I want to use my dlink router with my t3200m gateway because my gateway can only sit in my living room on the main floor and I get a very bad wifi signal in my basement where I work. Even if I move the gateway down then the wifi on my third floor is junk where my bedroom is. Is there any way to configure my router and gateway so that i can use BOTH wifi signals (my dlink for the basement with the router down here and my t3200 on the other floors in my house. Also assum I have filters or a coaxle point in basement)?
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

I just plugged my DLink router into the T3200 and went from there. Didn't change anything on the T3200. Only changed the Dlink so it had a different network than 192.168.1.x. (easy change) I have two separate routers / wifi networks now. I run my Optik stuff off the T3200 and everything else off the Dlink. Smiley Happy

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User

As @Nighthawk says, easy to add the D-Link router, but you will need to find the way to run an Ethernet cable between the two. A regular phone wire connection will not work.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

And I plugged in Google Wifi's mesh network.  Mesh network works independently from the T3200m and you can see a separate SSID.