cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security warning can't get into My Telus account

Darlene1
Coach

For the past two months when I receive my online bill via email I cannot get into my account as I get a warning that hackers may be looking at my Telus account. Now I m finding I can't even get into my account within the Telus site. Over the past two weeks tried contacting support and as usual there are high call volumes. I s there anyone in our neighborhood that could contact me or give me a fraud number or something. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lola
Rockstar

Is the message from Telus, and does it actually use the word "hackers"? Or does it say something like "your input may be viewed by a third party..."? Does this happen only on your computer, or on every device on WiFi and data? Have you tried your account from different networks?

Sign-in pages are easy to hack and therefore notorious for triggering security software to give you a warning that the page you're on can be seen by potential hackers, and while that's true, it doesn't mean hackers are present. Even this page right now is not secure, and my little icon tells me so. Cat LOL 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Where exactly are you seeing this security warning about hackers? What steps do you take to get to it? The most you'd be likely to see is a mesage that the account is locked and to call to have it unlocked. That only happens if you or someone else enters the wrong password 5 times.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Lola
Rockstar

Is the message from Telus, and does it actually use the word "hackers"? Or does it say something like "your input may be viewed by a third party..."? Does this happen only on your computer, or on every device on WiFi and data? Have you tried your account from different networks?

Sign-in pages are easy to hack and therefore notorious for triggering security software to give you a warning that the page you're on can be seen by potential hackers, and while that's true, it doesn't mean hackers are present. Even this page right now is not secure, and my little icon tells me so. Cat LOL 

Thank you when I try to log in to my account it does say third party may be trying to see my account details. I be never had this problem before. I will try again.

@Darlene1-- I hope it straights out for you. I mostly get third-party warnings on comment forms, like this one, and that's because the input is meant to be seen. Lol. But when Telus was redoing their account pages years ago I got third-party warnings on the sign-in page. Telus has been working on the site--my account pages are brand new!!!!--so maybe some things on some sectors aren't quite tweaked yet.

Happy Canada Day long weekend!!! Cat LOL