cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Decrypting warning message from Norton Mobile Protection

RobEdmonton
Organizer

Hi. I started getting a warning message yesterday on my wifi connected tablet yesterday from Norton Mobile Protection about SSL Decrypting on my two home WIFI networks. One router is a relatively new TELUS router installed when I switched to TELUS Fibre and the other is an older Netgear. Has anyone else received this warning?  Does anyone no what the best next steps are? I don't know weather the Android tablet is compromised or if it relates to the two network routers.

Like everyone, I use my home wifi a lot so I am anxious to fix this if it is really an issue.

Thanks. Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

According to Norton an update was rolled out on the backend, that is now causing the error. A fix is in the works with a 24-48 hour eta.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Lola
Rockstar

Nothing is compromised. This is a Norton app error, or Norton ransomware. Their app page is littered with complaints right now. I have the same messages on my mobile devices, but not my computers. I was a little concerned until I saw it wasn't just me, but dozens of other people at the very same time, and only on mobile, and sometimes only on one device on the network. They should get a fix out sooner than later.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

According to Norton an update was rolled out on the backend, that is now causing the error. A fix is in the works with a 24-48 hour eta.

Ha.  As I had guessed, AdWare to buy Norton VPN.

My concern is that I am also getting notifications that someone is trying to execute an Asus Backdoor script to my Asus router.

I am assured by Asus this "attack" is blocked by the latest Asus firmware.

Regards.

@UberGeekwrote:

Ha.  As I had guessed, AdWare to buy Norton VPN.

Cat LOL Lots of people thought it was ransomware by Norton, because the solution link in the message was for their VPN. A few people bought the VPN app too. It was a bad situation because we trust Norton.

Lola
Rockstar

The fix is available now. Very speedy. Cat LOL