cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router - Wifi - NVR

Lucastanswell
Helpful Neighbour
Hi All,

I am a service tech for a security company and trying to find a Solution.

When I port forward a clients router for the NVR so they ca use their app when away let’s say port 4020 it works like a treat, but when the client is home and her cell jumps onto wifi all traffic stop via the external address and port. She will needs to turn off Wi-Fi. It’s annoying even for me at my house.

Shaw connections do not do this. You can say on the internal network and it will work via the external address back to the NVR.

No point asking what router. Because we port upto 15 per month.

Side note.... has anyone clued up a way to log into the Telus router via wan. It would be super helpful for tech stuff.

Cheers guys!!
4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

WAN login is blocked on the Telus routers at present.

Is your customer on fiber or DSL?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

**bleep** on the wan.

But it’s 50/50 some on dsl some on fibre. But mostly are fibre.

Telus tech support said buy a 3rd party router!

rc
Rockstar

Using a VPN may be a  work around, when the client is home the VPN would put the traffic  on the WAN.

Can the App be configured to use two ip addresses, one public on private.

Lucastanswell
Helpful Neighbour
The app can have multi addresses. But it’s such a pain for our clients. Because one good feature for the app is recalls to the “hot screen”

Super annoying.. I can not find out why it won’t just route to the internal from the external address.

Come on Telus!!!