cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response to escalating an issue to management team

Amethyst3
Coach

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how long it takes them, on average, to get back to you.  The website said 24 hours, and they didn't contact me in that time.  Now we're into a weekend, so I don't expect a response until at least Monday. 

Also, if you don't get the issue settled by this route, what is next?  A formal complaint to the CRTC? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Cowichan_Lee wrote:

Did they ever get back to you?  I was told the same thing on Thursday December 27th and they never phoned back.  I phoned in as our phone along with most if not all of Cowichan Valley is not working and they do not even show it on their system.  When I phoned in they said they needed everyone to phone in (phones not working but have to phone in ... hmmm) so they know their is an issue. 

This is a known outage and is posted over on the community issues board. The huge wind storms that swept across the island and lower mainland over the last week really did some damage and they're still working on it. Doesn't help that it happened during the holidays. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/RESOLVED-Interruption-of-Home-Services-impacting-multiple/...

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Amethyst3
Coach

Of course I doubt it will get that far.  ;).  It did make me wonder, though, what would happen if...

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The scope of what the CRTC actually covers is extremely limited. The vast majority of complaints out there aren't issues the CRTC deals with or regulates.

What type of issue are you experiencing? Please provide as many details as possible as there may be other members on the forums that may be able to offer some suggestions.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for your response.  It’s a billing issue, and hopefully someone from Telus can see the thing through and get it sorted out.  

I am new to Telus and rather surprised and disappointed by the snafu, and I wondered if customers do generally get things sorted in a satisfactory manner once it gets escalated.  

You could try submit a complaint below.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/

The escalation team works 7 days a week so you might still get a callback over the weekend. They might be busier than usual as the holiday season tends to see a surge in new billing offers and promos on new customers. More orders processing means higher volume of customer interaction and that will impact service levels across the board. If an agent submitted a escalation request you should hear back soon.

Lol!  I don’t know if I feel better about that or not!   If I DON’T here from them, that would be worse! Smiley LOL

Update: After not receiving a response email messages, I initiated anchat session from the escalation link. There was only one person ahead of me in the queue, so it wasn’t a long wait, and we got things sorted out. In the future, I would say chat is the way to go with this process. I wish I had done that in the first place. I would advise saving a transcript of the session.

Vaughan
Neighbour

I asked for a (non) response (from “Anthony” by phone) to be escalated. He said he’d get back to me “in a few minutes”. Now 50 minutes and counting on hold.  Actually believe he has no intention of getting back to me. Nice service!!!

OK got “Laura” a manager after an hour and she was SO helpful and went above and beyond. Got what I wanted and more...kudos to Laura, and begrudgingly, TELUS! 

Didn’t see this until after I responded to your first message.  Glad you got it sorted.  🙂

If I were you, I would go to the escalation page and start a chat session.  This way you can get everything in writing, including a chat number.  Keep the phone call open until you connect with a management agent via chat.  (The chat window in a browser doesn’t show a “print” button.  I right clicked within the window and chose to save the page.  I now have a written record of the conversation on my computer.). 

Thanks, I got a manager (Laura) who was VERY helpful and led me to a resolution of my issue. Problem solved! Vaughan

Sent from my iPad

Cowichan_Lee
Just Moved In

Did they ever get back to you?  I was told the same thing on Thursday December 27th and they never phoned back.  I phoned in as our phone along with most if not all of Cowichan Valley is not working and they do not even show it on their system.  When I phoned in they said they needed everyone to phone in (phones not working but have to phone in ... hmmm) so they know their is an issue. 

It's unfortunate that customer service is hit and miss at Telus but I've actually had good experience over the last few months and I'm not even a Telus customer (yet).  The cynical side of me says that maybe I got the good service because I'm not yet a customer 🙂

Anyway, back in September I helped my parents switch to Optik.  Unfortunately, the in-store rep screwed up my parents' account.  Getting the account fixed took multiple calls to Telus and I ended up dealing with both a front line and a second tier rep.  Both had to call me back and both called me back when they said they would.  I don't remember the front line rep's name but the second tier rep, Brittany, went above and beyond.  After escalating to her back end, she monitored the account and kept me up to date until everything was put back in order.

Well, I thought everything was back in order but apparently one item was missed.  Last week I decided to switch to Optik myself but when I tried to place an order online I ran into problems.  Apparently it was caused by the fact that my email address was still associated with my parents' original order even though it should have been changed and that meant I wasn't able to use the email address to set up my own account.  I got online to chat with an agent, Polyanna, who got everything sorted out for me. 

When I had Telus some years ago, I did have some frustrating sessions with reps but I can't complain about recent help from them.  In fact, from me it's kudos to each of those I dealt with.

I had thought my issues were settled and the case was closed.  About a week after I first requested a call back by telephone (and I had since dealt with an agent by chat, having given up on getting a response by phone), I got a call.  Apparently there was still one unresolved issue with my account which I hadn’t known about.  

So it took 3 chats and 2 phone calls and 2 emails altogether.  

Each agent I dealt with was SUPER nice, but there was a series of silly mistakes over something that really should have been simple.  I don’t know if people are rushing or distracted or not paying attention or where the miscommunication takes place, but....wow!  

Well, an update.  Billing is still wrong for this month.

I simply asked that our services be put on vacation suspension.  I gave them specific dates.  (They got that wrong, too.  I don't know if they corrected that.)  They have billed incorrectly each month and I have had to contact Telus each month to get it corrected. 

I have never had this sort of experience with another telecom company, and I have dealt with Shaw, Xplornet, Sasktel, MTS, Westman Cable, Rogers, and Cox (in the U.S.) 

480 days left in my contract. 

Telus occasionally asks me to switch my cell service to them.  Of all the telecom services I have, my cellular service is the most essential.  I simply cannot afford to have these kinds of mistakes with my cellular service. 

@Cowichan_Lee wrote:

This is a known outage and is posted over on the community issues board. The huge wind storms that swept across the island and lower mainland over the last week really did some damage and they're still working on it. Doesn't help that it happened during the holidays. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/RESOLVED-Interruption-of-Home-Services-impacting-multiple/...