cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing a T1200h

Dart8
Organizer

My Optik digital box has been rebooted and wants me to pair but I do not have either of the 2 boxes shown as options. I have a T1200h and there is no pair button or option on it. If I power off or reset, it reboots the digital box and wants me to pair and the cycle repeats...2 Sunday hours spent thus far and a 1 hour wait online. My other tv is connected and working but my main one is the problem...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Usually the main Optik box (PVR) is connected by Ethernet, and has no need to pair.

The T1200H usually had a secondary Wi-Fi device (Cisco VEN 501) connected by ethernet to the T1200H to manage wireless TV devices . The VEN501 has a WPS pairing button on it.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Usually the main Optik box (PVR) is connected by Ethernet, and has no need to pair.

The T1200H usually had a secondary Wi-Fi device (Cisco VEN 501) connected by ethernet to the T1200H to manage wireless TV devices . The VEN501 has a WPS pairing button on it.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you. One small tweak, and this worked. I held down the Power button on the digital box to reboot. Once it was back on, it asked me to press OK. Then came up the two options but, following your advise, I held down the WPS on the VEN501. For some reason, that didn't work but when I went through the same process, and rebooted (power disconnected for 10 seconds)  on the VEN501, voila! We were connected. Thank you for your prompt assistance.