cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package deals

RED18
Just Moved In

How come we can't make our own individual package deals? I don't need 300 Gb for my internet. I used to get the Internet  6 which has 150Gb and that's still way too much for me. I was only using 10Gb a month until I started watching some video on the internet and still only used 30Gb per month. I do however like the high speed internet. There should be package deals for people who don't either have a family or don't have kids at home anymore. We don't need that much data. I only need basic internet and as for tv, well I haven't had cable for a long time. I used antennae and at one point didn't have tv for 2 years because the tower for tv was moved so I couldn't receive a signal. I don't watch that much tv. I prefer to watch my own movies or get them from the library. What happened to the idea that CBC was supposed to be a national tv which the tax payer was paying for in the first place? Now we can't even get news unless we pay for it.  What do you think about having a new package for "Seniors"?

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@RED18wrote:

How come we can't make our own individual package deals? I don't need 300 Gb for my internet. I used to get the Internet  6 which has 150Gb and that's still way too much for me. I was only using 10Gb a month until I started watching some video on the internet and still only used 30Gb per month. I do however like the high speed internet. There should be package deals for people who don't either have a family or don't have kids at home anymore. We don't need that much data. I only need basic internet and as for tv, well I haven't had cable for a long time.

My guess is that there are so many possibilities of the mix different individuals want, that for the dollar or two per month difference in price, it is simply not worth trying to manage all the different possibilities. Internet 15 has the 150 GB increment you preferred, but is only about $6 per month less than the Internet 25 package with 300 GB. As needs and behaviours change, increasing amounts of data will be consumed. The incremental cost of a larger data bucket is relatively small.

I only need basic internet and as for tv, well I haven't had cable for a long time. 

Internet 15 is the new Internet 6. Basic internet has increased in speed, which you claim to enjoy. As infrastructure changes, so does the entry level. The federal government has set a target of 50 Mbps as the new speed they want to see available in all locations, so I don't see slower speeds or smaller data volumes being offered, it is just contrary to the patterns of use seen across networks.

What do you think about having a new package for "Seniors"?

Extrapolating your use pattern to others, does not necessarily equate to them matching your particular situation. What about all the other consumers who are not seniors, but use lower volumes of data, should they be excluded from the option you propose?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"