Outlander is not on W Network On Demand

Highlighted
jcarm
Neighbour
Why is Outlander advertised as on W Network On Demand, when it is not available on demand? Will it ever be available on W Network On Demand?
Community Power User
Community Power User

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise.

In other words, your crystal ball is as clear as that of the rest of us.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Chicnstu
Good Samaritan
In most cases it comes down to licensing from the content provider. It's common to see shows pulled from the VOD library at the request of the content producer or production company shortly before they release a boxed set on Blu Ray or before the show is changing owners or networks as they feel it will increase sales if it's not available via other sources.

Hi @jcarm

@Chicnstu is correct. The content providers, W Network in this case, would be in control of providing us with, and requesting removal of, content from their respective On Demand libraries.

For Outlander specifically, I can provide some details based on my personal experiences. I noticed that they had the season premiere episode up pretty quickly, but the latest episodes since then have had a 2-4 day delay before I've seen them in the On Demand library. Our content teams ensure the shows are updated as quickly as possible once we receive the titles/files from the broadcaster.

I can do my best to find out more about when you can expect this week's episode, S4 E5 from Sunday, to show up On Demand.

I hope the above info helps! Smiley Happy

-Tai

jcarm
Neighbour
Hi @Tai
I reached out to W Network and they said to me
"Hi J, great to hear from you! We’d suggest reaching out to your service provider and ensuring that they offer Outlander through their on demand service. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to assist you. Thanks and good luck! 😊" And Telus told me it was up to the content provider .... I just want to watch the last couple episodes I missed Smiley Sad
Most Helpful

Once I hear back from our content team I will post another reply here for you. Smiley Happy

jcarm
Neighbour
I received this response from W Network. So Telus, please provide your customers with decent On Demand options like the competitors.

"Thank you for your email.

Full-length episodes may be available On Demand with participating service providers. Please note that choosing what services to provide their subscribers is a decision made by each cable provider. Telus does not currently offer Outlander, and other On Demand titles, to their subscribers --- we encourage you to keep contacting them to ask that they offer this, or switch to a TV provider that makes this content available. Providers include Rogers, Cogeco, Shaw, and Shaw Direct.You can also find additional information regarding the On Demand availability on our FAQ page.

Sincerely,

W Network"

@jcarm Thank you for sharing the response you received. I have passed along the interest and your request to our content team for future considerations.