Outage?

Reply
iiaann
Neighbour
Are there any outages ongoing? i can't seem to connect using wifi except for facebook, youtube, and google.
iiaann
Neighbour
I can't even go to telus website itself.
yycce72
Resident
Telus internet is down in my area, Mt Pleasant, NW Calgary
Community Power User
Community Power User

@iiaann wrote:
Are there any outages ongoing? i can't seem to connect using wifi except for facebook, youtube, and google.

Have you re-started your modem?

 

Accessing some sites, but not others usually indicates the Domain Name Server (DNS) is the issue. Since this is outside your control, you can wait a while and see if it self resolves, or you can change the settings in your Modem so the DNS points to another DNS. Google maintains a DNS at 8.8.8.8, and there is an open source DNS at 1.1.1.1

 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Community Power User
Community Power User

@yycce72 wrote:
Telus internet is down in my area, Mt Pleasant, NW Calgary

None reported.

 

Have you:

  • Re-started your modem?
  • Checked with neighbours to see if they are also affected?
  • Contacted Telus?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
iiaann
Neighbour
I checked, restared my modem. some channels are also not accessible at this time.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@iiaann wrote:
I checked, restared my modem. some channels are also not accessible at this time.

Then contacting Telus seems to the the next logical step.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"