Optik TV and Xbox 360 & XBox One

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

jdowsett
Advocate

@Boguswaif 

Hello xbox friend. I have not checked but was told that the xbox 360 would stop functioning at the end of January/Feb(ish). This is different than what was reported last year - they seemed to indicate xbox 360's already installed would still run. I can't test because I turned all my xbox's Optik IDs onto Digital Boxes. The behaviour you are seeing is probably the result of it being decommissioned. Check your email tied to your Optik account as they sent me a heads up email with a free year of xbox live and the offer of Digital Boxes as replacement.

I managed to get in the preview program and will report your Postal Code as not working.

Drisnerd
Resident

Postal Code T6W1T7 please. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Please stop putting postal codes into a dead thread. It will not have any bearing on whether or not service is brought to a certain area or town.

Also Drisnerd - There is service at that complex and even Telus' website offers up to 50mbps + Optik. Please try searching there first next time.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
jdowsett
Advocate

Hi Drisnerd - I have submitted your postal code as part of the feedback via the preview program.   Thanks as it will make the next users setup easier than yours.   Ignore Nighthawk he is usually very helpful in the forums he must have not caught the just of the thread.

Community Power User
Community Power User

jdowsett - The main gist of this thread was originally in regards to the Xbox and Optik support ending. Then the thread was derailed to be for the OneGuide and postal codes not being found, which Microsoft isn't putting a lot of work into. It's been two years and the problems still haven't been sorted out yet on Microsoft's end. I'm still amazed that people are not complaining to Microsoft about the postal code issue, but only here or on Shaw's forums. Only one of Microsoft's support forums has a post about this issue but it's from Bell users, and has no solution yet either besides using the wrong postal code.

As for the preview program, isn't that just giving you the basic ability to submit general feedback to M$ but that there's no way to know whether or not it'll ever be actioned? Microsoft's official position is this problem doesn't exist and they only add postal codes periodically.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
jdowsett
Advocate

By the way your 2nd paragraph in your response read I thought you had misinterpreted that he was looking to see if Optik Tv the actual Tv service was available in his complex

. Apologies. I had my postal code fixed. Not sure if it took months or weeks because I didn't try setup again for a long time. I have found the preview program very good actually and have been contacted directly by MS a couple time for things I reported. I imagine results will vary as with any large company. Thanks for all the posting you do i have read many in my quest to fix issues. Cheers