New 4K PVR - HDCP Error Through Denon Amp

rb88
Connector
I ordered one via the self install kit telus provides, will update if it works, hopefully I get the new box.
rb88
Connector
Any update on if this worked for you?
vishwa
Ambassador

Not yet.  Telus tech was supposed to come in October but I just got a letter saying that they will come soon.  Still waiting.

DesignedByDave
Resident

Looks like the Arris VIP5662W isn't playing nice with my setup. Arris VIP5662W > HDMI Splitter (to boost signal strength according to the contractor that wired up my house) > in-wall HDMI thru Cat5e/6 > HDMI > Sharp Roku TV (not 4k). I intermittently get a black screen when I turn on my TV or leave the input source, as a result, I'll need to reboot my PVR. 

I can spot two points of failure and it's likely the HDMI Splitter or the HDMI thru Cat5e/6. The only reason why I needed the splitter because the HDMI thru cat5e/6 wall plug is passive; therefore, it needed a "boost." The distance is relatively short and I can probably get away running a 25' HDMI cable in the wall and leave the old cabling there if I need it in the future. 

rb88
Connector
That’s an odd appointment system, don’t they book a specific time and date? And not just say soon lol
vishwa
Ambassador

It is now set for Next Thursday.  I will request the tech to change the PVR and see if it works. If not, I will just stay with the Arris.  I have a lot of recordings on it.  Don't want to lose it for nothing. Will update next week.

rb88
Connector
I had a tech out today to switch me to Fibre, I specifically requested a new trechbicolor box buy ledcor didn’t bring one. What an upset
Highlighted
vishwa
Ambassador

That is disappointing.  Will they come back?

rb88
Connector
I’m gonna have to call into telus and ask them to send A telus tech with a Technicolor box, the ledcor guy said they don’t have those in stock anywhere. But maybe I will wait until after Thursday to see if this box even resolves the problem for you.
vishwa
Ambassador

I will update on Thursday after the install.  

vishwa
Ambassador

Update: Got fibre installed.  Everything went well.  However, the technician didn't have the new Technicolor boxes yet.  He said it will be sometime in December. So, I will have to wait for another 3-4 weeks.

rb88
Connector
Thanks for the reply