My neighbors have changed to shaw ..

DC1
Organizer

My neighbors have changed to Shaw do to the poor service Telus provided them.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Perfectly legitimate in an open marketplace. I hope they are more satisfied than I was.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
buckycat
Connector

Most of my neighbours and myself have recently switched to Telus.

DC1
Organizer

As they hope you will be more satified then they and I and a ton of people are with Telus.

You have yet to see their incompetence , believe me when I tell you your not even a concern to Telus they will ignore you until you go away.

Word.

Community Power User
Community Power User
The time I was with Shaw never again. Node saturation and constant disconnects. Always had constant issues with tv (woke up every morning to the weather channel because the box crashed), lose connection, digitizing.

When I posted (politely and in detail the issues) on their forum and stated my issues they banned me and deleted the post. So others couldn’t see the problems. This after 5 service calls the techs said I had to “live with it”.

Great customer service. That day I returned their equipment and never looked back. Telus has worked flawless for me. Any issues I had were fixed promptly.

Everyone has their own experiences.
Highlighted
pbsme
Connector

Be sure to check the high definition channel selection with Shaw. I was ignored until I went away, like many others endlessly filling out the “Channel Request Form”. I waited more than 4 years and still no Timeshift PBS channel in high def.  After there was no longer a CW channel in HD, many people complained. Nearly a year later, this hasn’t been rectified. 

My only regret is that I didn’t switch to Telus sooner. 

DC1
Organizer

What a debacle telus and Shaw are both giving poor service to long time users.

It appears NEW customers get the service they paid for and the rest of get shoddy service and weak to no support.

Lola
Ambassador

People are so quick to aggravate themselves these days.

I've had Shaw at my current location for 20 years. In 2 decades, obviously I've had issues, but I have no complaints. Switching providers because of technical issues, or issues with tired reps, just aggravates your life. There's no perfect technology, and customer reps are people, and there are no perfect people, wrap your head around that and life is so much easier. Smiley LOL

Pam-MB
Coach

I had Shaw for many years,but the service is terrible so ended up finally going with Telus.

With Shaw I also ended up getting a cheap $ 9.95 a month dial up service which

ended up being better than Shaw.

DC1
Organizer

I have not heard of the $10 a month dial up internet actually thought dial up was no longer offered.
I take it its still offered in some Rural areas. Although my internet comes in via a  landline ..maybe Im using dial up now sure seems like it !

Im getting from 0.3 to 0.8 Mbps download speed

Minky
Connector

I have been a long time customer of Telus and have been really satisfied with their service, picture quality, no service interruptions, most HD channels. Problem with box freezing was resolved with installation of new box and also the newest Modem.

My friends have also switched to Telus because of constant service problems on Shaw.

Pam-MB
Coach

Dial up goes back a few years,it may not be offered now.

I will have to check.

Just checked on Google.There seems to be lots of companies still offering a dial up service.

Hateshawandtelus
Friendly Neighbour

Many people go between Shaw and Telus every few years.....they get fed up with the poor quality and sub-par service of one company and move to the other when their memory of the poor quality and sub-par service has faded.