My Experience With Telus Support

buckycat
Advisor

Thought I would share my experience with Telus support. 

Got up yesterday to find that all my services were down, phone internet and TV and the lights were off on the ONT. I had also been having some issues in the past week of everything quitting for a minute or two then coming back on.

Called Telus and it said there was a 30 minute wait, but I was given the option of a callback.  I was surprised of that, as I had read on this forum that Telus doesn’t have a callback option.

I received a callback in about 5 minutes and a very helpful person asked me what the problem was, then asked me to jiggle the wires going into the ONT and lights came on then off again.

A service call was booked for 3-5pm the same day!

The tech showed up at 3.30, replaced the ONT and ran diagnosis tests  and everything works perfectly now.

He gave me his card and told me if I ever had any issues to call him direct as he lives a few blocks away from me.

Very impressed with customer service from Telus.

Originals
Friendly Neighbour

I had the same kind of service but my pvr died. I lost all of my movies, 4 years of movies and they didn't care at all. They offered me 50 bucks for the inconvenience and I told the to shove it. I lost over100 movies and that would be worth over 500 bucks if I rented them and renting you don't actually keep the movies.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You realize that the PVR is so you can record TV for later watching at your convenience. It is not really meant as the means to build a permanent movie library. If there is a mechanical malfunction of the hard drive, or you upgrade the device to a new one, your recordings are lost. No one promised you an ongoing library, so I'm rather surprised at your reaction.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
MR1
Resident

We totally agree Telus technicians are professional and will do everything in their power to find out what is wrong with our telephone connection. Very impressive, and keep up the good work!

ThePopper
Advisor

If you watched a movie once, why would you want to watch it again!  I just do not get that!

Lola
Rockstar

@ThePopper-- Why do people play the same music more than once? The same answers apply to movies.

Minky
Advocate

Anybody that weeps over losing over 100 movies that were recorded for free needs to get a life.  I would prefer to have all my equipment in working order.  I also lost some programming, mainly jazz concerts that may never air again, when the PVR had to be replaced.  Big deal. Telus has the best Customer Service and Technical staff!

Pattycake
Neighbour

You sound like a Telus cheerleading employee to me. 

Pattycake
Neighbour

And what's free about it? Certainly not Telus TV service.

Pattycake
Neighbour

Luck you. I've been on hold over an hour today and even longer on Friday. No callback option. Telus; huge fees and lousy customer service, and no easy complaint options. I guess they figure giving one an option to blow off steam in this way is compensation.

ThePopper
Advisor

@Pattycake wrote:

Dear Pattycake:

So sorry to disappoint you, but I am not a Telus employee. That is quite hilarious. I have had “ The Shaw Experience”, and needless to say, Telus is much more cutting edge than Shaw will ever be. I’m just a very Happy Telus customer. Oh, and I’m really sorry that you’re so bitter. That must be awful.

Pattycake (Resident) posted a new reply in Internet, TV & Home Phone on 07-31-2018 06:56 PM :

Re: My Experience With Telus Support

Reply | Give Kudos