cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys Velop Router

BigBen121
Advocate

I have a linksys Velop Router that is configured to bridge mode. I did this because I though the Telus Actiontec modem needs to be left alone so as no to mess up my OPtik TV. I jhave fibre but I am only getting 150 download speeds when I am wired not through wireless.

Can I configure the Velop Router as my primary router and put the Actiontec into bridge mode without messing up OPtik TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There are two ways to accomplish what you want. The first way is to configure the T3200M for bridge mode - you turn on bridge mode in the Advanced settings.  Then plug your Velop WAN port into the T3200M port 1 (only port 1 is bridged), and use ports 2 - 4 for Optik TV.  The fibre box stays plugged into the WAN port on the T3200M.  

Since you have fibre there is also another way (which I use and does not involve putting the T3200M into bridge mode - this removes the T3200M completely from being involved in the internet via your Velop and keeps it solely for Optik TV). You install a switch between the fibre box and the T3200M.  Plug the fibre box into the switch along with the WAN ports of the T3200M and the Velop.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Yes. Actiontec ports 2-4 and Wi-Fi can be used for yourvTV.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Sorry to be so thick but put the Actiontec in Bridge mode - make sure that the Vleop router is plugged in to one the ports (2-4) and the Firbre box the same?

There are two ways to accomplish what you want. The first way is to configure the T3200M for bridge mode - you turn on bridge mode in the Advanced settings.  Then plug your Velop WAN port into the T3200M port 1 (only port 1 is bridged), and use ports 2 - 4 for Optik TV.  The fibre box stays plugged into the WAN port on the T3200M.  

Since you have fibre there is also another way (which I use and does not involve putting the T3200M into bridge mode - this removes the T3200M completely from being involved in the internet via your Velop and keeps it solely for Optik TV). You install a switch between the fibre box and the T3200M.  Plug the fibre box into the switch along with the WAN ports of the T3200M and the Velop.

Thanks very much this is most helpful. This explains this very well for me

I just stumbled across this thread and have a question. I have fibre 150, the fibre line comes into the white modem and then connects to the T3200 and then to my own router.

I do not have optic tv, so if I am understanding your post I can remove the T3200 and plug my router directly into the white fibre modem? This would remove the T3200 from the network and allow me to not have to run the t3200 in bridge mode.

Am I correct in my understanding?

Thanks 🙂

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That is correct. Just make sure the cable from the Optical Network Terminal (not a modem) is connected to the WAN port on your router if you pull the T3200. You'll want to physically reboot your router once it is connected.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂