Is is just me or does Telus fibre optic wifi suck?

Julie11
Resident

Is is just me or does Telus fibre optic Wifi suck? It goes down daily and will come back on randomly. I can unplug the modem and it will sometimes come back on and sometimes not. I was on Shaw for years and switched to Telus in Nov 2018 (for cheaper - stupid me). For a while there I ran the 2 services at the same time and while Shaw had no issues, Telus was constantly a problem. If I wasn't in a contract I would go back to Shaw like a shot. I was told Telus was so much better - that it's a dedicated line and speeds would be faster, etc, etc, etc. Contacting the service centre is a complete waste of time coz they take you through the same steps every time and then you finally get the wifi working again and they're all like there you go. All good! Finish talking and 10 minutes later your wifi is down again. They say the modem should cover the size of my house without any problems but I can try a booster for x dollars a month. In my opinion they should be providing the booster free if their product isn't working. And anyway why would I want another Telus product that probably won't work. Does anyone know how the hell one is supposed to get this sorted out. Or do I just wait out the contract and go back to Shaw?

xray
All-Star
If you provide some details about the situation people here might be able to help you. There isn't anything to go on in your post.

Which router do you have?

You say the WiFi goes down. Do you mean you can't get a WiFi connection or you can get a connection but it doesn't have Internet access?

Is it just WiFi? What about Ethernet connections?

What do the lights on the router show?

When it goes down is it all devices or just some?
JulianMcKay
Connector
Havent had any problems myself i only had a temporary ethernet issue hardwiring my xbox but cleared that
Chicnstu
Ambassador

There are a few known issues with the new WiFi gateway working with various devices that my be in your home. Please let us know which modem you have and what specific devices are having issues on your network so we can get a better idea of whats going on.