cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet service cut off

alegreghi
Just Moved In
I have telus internet in the basement that I live for 4 months and everything went well until the house was rented by someone who hired Telus services as well. Telus simply cut my service for the other, since there is no address for the basement that I live in. Is there any way to reverse this?
2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Unless the dwelling is registered as a duplex, it would be difficult, unless you can get the landlord to request a second service.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@alegreghi wrote:
I have telus internet in the basement that I live for 4 months and everything went well until the house was rented by someone who hired Telus services as well. Telus simply cut my service for the other, since there is no address for the basement that I live in. Is there any way to reverse this?

I think this will be a discussion with you, the landlord and the new tenant.

• how many internet connections will the landlord approve?  Who will pay for additional connections?
  • did the landlord intend for one connection to be shared with both the main and basement unit?  Sharing the wireless ssid/password is the easiest, but opens up potential security/privacy issues with the main/basement units.
  • did the main unit have approval from the landlord to make changes?  That is to disable your internet access?