cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet outage Everyday at around 8:00pm

Robbka
Friendly Neighbour
The last 4 days my internet, optic TV and phone quits for about 30 minutes. What's up with that? And when I call support, the waitlist is over an hour. Very dissatisfied! Now the service has been down 1 hour today so far.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can't reach someone by phone, you could try the online chat but if you're using your home internet connection at the time and the modem reboots as part of the troubleshooting, you'll lose the chat. By phone (1-888-811-2323) usually gets the fastest results once you reach someone, followed by chat, and lastly if you decide to contact Telus by email (slowest). Contact Telus directly as that is how you will get this problem resolved even if the wait times are longer, which in the evening they typically are. Calling first thing in the morning may result in short waits.

If your landline phone service is cutting out as well, that is more likely to be a line issue and a tech will have to go out if that is the case. It is not normal behaviour for landlines / DSL. When you reach someone at Telus, and if your landline phone service is going down (no dial tone), it is important to mention to them that your land line phone service drops also.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Give Tech Support a call at 1-888-811-2323 to discuss your issue. You should be able to connect with them in a shorter timeline and have them assess your issue. A call first thing in the morning usually gets a quick connection, before the busy part of the day.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Robbka
Friendly Neighbour
Tried calling at different times with no reasonable wait time. I am concerned that if wait times are always this long, there must be many customers issues. I think I made an enormous mistake switching to Telus.

Lola
Rockstar

Is this happening to your neighbors too?

One reason might be difficult maintenance. Shaw does maintenance here at the same time, between 1 and 6 AM. They list on a page all scheduled maintenance at least a week ahead, but some maintenance is sudden, so it's not listed until after, but I know if my internet goes out or gets very slow for an hour or so between 1 and 6 while I'm working with clients overseas, it's just Shaw doing unlisted maintenance. A few times over the years this maintenance has taken a few brief interruptions to finish.

Robbka
Friendly Neighbour
What does Shaw have to do with my problem?

when your internet does go out, try to power down your computer router and modem. bring everything back online and see if that works. most likely it will not, but that is what Comcast will tell you to do anyway. when that does not work. power everything down again and power your modem back up. wait for all the lights to start working( depending on your modem and provider things can be a little different here). you need to wait for you modem to be online what ever the indicator it is on it. after that, connect your computer directly to the modem using wired connection. you will know if it is a router or not after it. if nothing works, you know for sure it is the connection from Comcast. call them right away and tell them what you did.

Clean Master Facebook Lite Mathway

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

How is calling Comcast going to help the original poster @MelAmel939393?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Robbka
Friendly Neighbour
I am trying to study for a course online and this is the only time of the day I can study. This Telus internet is so unreliable.

Robbka
Friendly Neighbour
Its 9:!9pm and this the 5th day that this has happened again. This time it started just before 9pm. Very unhappy!

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can't reach someone by phone, you could try the online chat but if you're using your home internet connection at the time and the modem reboots as part of the troubleshooting, you'll lose the chat. By phone (1-888-811-2323) usually gets the fastest results once you reach someone, followed by chat, and lastly if you decide to contact Telus by email (slowest). Contact Telus directly as that is how you will get this problem resolved even if the wait times are longer, which in the evening they typically are. Calling first thing in the morning may result in short waits.

If your landline phone service is cutting out as well, that is more likely to be a line issue and a tech will have to go out if that is the case. It is not normal behaviour for landlines / DSL. When you reach someone at Telus, and if your landline phone service is going down (no dial tone), it is important to mention to them that your land line phone service drops also.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂