cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Time Capsule with T3200M?

Piker
Neighbour

Hello,

Recently upgraded my Internet to the T3200M and would like to run my time capsule with it to back up my laptop.  How do I do this?

Thank you,

Piker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Piker

Here you go!

Plug your TimeCapsule LAN to T3200M with Ethernet cable

Open the Airport Utility (in LaunchPad > Other) 

You may need to select an Ethernet network under the Other Wi-Fi Devices Button.

Click on the discovered TimeCapsule, and click on Edit

Base Station Tab >> Set Base Station Name and a Password and write them down somewhere safe. I choose to remember the password in Keychain.

Internet Tab >> Connect Using DHCP

Wireless Network Tab >> I chose Off, as I use the T3200M as my network controller.

Network Tab >> Router Mode Off (Bridge Mode)

Disks Tab >> I set up a single partition. Secure Shared Disks with a device password.

This should create a TimeCapsule disk on your network which is not a Wi-Fi connection, and uses your regular network for wireless connections. The additional LAN connections on the TC act as a switch, so you can add two other Networked devices. 

In Time Machine Preferences (in System Preferences), select the partition you created above, and you should be good to go.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to set the Time Capsule so it acts as neither a router or DHCP server, and it should work perfectly. Connect the Time Capsule to the T3200M LAN to LAN, and use the Airport Utility to set it up. If you can wait until Wednesday, I can post steps.

NFtoBC

I sure can! Much appreciated.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Piker

Here you go!

Plug your TimeCapsule LAN to T3200M with Ethernet cable

Open the Airport Utility (in LaunchPad > Other) 

You may need to select an Ethernet network under the Other Wi-Fi Devices Button.

Click on the discovered TimeCapsule, and click on Edit

Base Station Tab >> Set Base Station Name and a Password and write them down somewhere safe. I choose to remember the password in Keychain.

Internet Tab >> Connect Using DHCP

Wireless Network Tab >> I chose Off, as I use the T3200M as my network controller.

Network Tab >> Router Mode Off (Bridge Mode)

Disks Tab >> I set up a single partition. Secure Shared Disks with a device password.

This should create a TimeCapsule disk on your network which is not a Wi-Fi connection, and uses your regular network for wireless connections. The additional LAN connections on the TC act as a switch, so you can add two other Networked devices. 

In Time Machine Preferences (in System Preferences), select the partition you created above, and you should be good to go.

NFtoBC