cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble Finding a 10ft. 24Gbps HDMI Cable.

Ruggie74
Just Moved In

Hello,

As the topic suggests, I'm having a heck of a time finding a 24Gbps HDMI cable that exceeds 8 feet. As per Telus' instructions, I require a 24Gbps HDMI cable for my new 4k PVR to display the 4k channels correctly. I've looked online and it seems that the only 24Gbps HDMI cables are 6 feet or less. I did manage to find a 12 foot cable that claimed it was 24Gbps, but it was from a no-name brand and looked suspicious.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find such a cable? Also, does anyone know if an 18Gbps cable will do the job, or will there be a theoretical drop in picture quality?

Thank you very much!

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Even Monoprice.com only sells 18Gbps cables. I can't see that causing a drop in picture quality if you get a good quality cable. 24Gbps cables are a more recent arrival to the market. There may eventually be good quality longer cables but I'd be suspicious of the cheap unknown brand cables out there. Especially on Amazon, or eBay, or any of the Chinese sites like AliExpress.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Hero
Search for Monoprice premium certified cables on Amazon. Those will be capable of delivering 4K60 HDR. I have all sorts of audio and video cables from Monoprice and they are good quality.

polecat
All-Star

There is a site called PRIMECABLES  their are in vanvouver and monteral. I have found what i want there cables and splicing tools cable ends etc.  Fast delivery also. POLECAT

polecat
All-Star

Had a quick look at prime cables and found a 2 meter Gbps for 14.99. No time now there may be more it is 28 gauge braided and has good reviews. My tv setup is not that fancy as we do very little watching. Like books better. Polecat.

polecat
All-Star

Sorry forgot to say 48Gbps