HDMI-CEC issues with Optik box

Bomarr
Friendly Neighbour

I'm using a Samsung tv, with an Onkyo receiver and a PS4. I've always been able to use the hdmi-cec (Anynet+) features of all 3 to have them all turn on/shut off simultaneously. So turning on the PS4 will automatically turn on the TV, turn on the Receiver, and set the input to the correct one. Turning off the PS4 would automatically turn off the TV/Receiver.

A Telus tech recently swapped out an older dead pvr box we had with a newer Cisco 6016 model. Since then the hdmi-cec feature of my TV/Receiver/PS4 no longer works.

If I unplug the hdmi cable from the Telus box then everything starts working again.

Anyone know of a fix for this? I read that the new 4K box had the same issue and was recently fixed with a firmware update.

Community Power User
Community Power User

If available as a "test" trying using another HDMI port on the TV.

Bomarr
Friendly Neighbour

It does the same thing when plugged into any port on the TV or the Receiver.

Community Power User
Community Power User

What are your connections setup? Are you passing the HDMI through the Onyko Receiver?

Bomarr
Friendly Neighbour

All devices are plugged into the Onkyo receiver. I then use the ARC connection from the TV.

I've tried plugging the Optik box directly into the TV, but it does the same thing.

Community Power User
Community Power User

I'll check mine on anynet when i get home. See if i can replicate the issue, since i had a 6015 i never bothered using it on anynet.

Bomarr
Friendly Neighbour

Did you happen to get a chance to test this?  Thanks

westcoast604
Resident

I have the exact same problem. Is there a solution for this. It took me three hours of trouble shooting to figure out that all the problems happen when the Telus Cisco IPV6015 is plugged into the system. Then everything is screwed up. 

RyDawg
Connector
Wait, the Optik TV boxes support CEC control? Since when?
Cavok
Resident
Did you ever find a fix? I have the exact same problem with my Sony Bravia, my PS3 and the optik pvr receiver (IPV6015).

When my old receiver was connected everything would switch back and forth no problem. Soon as new box was plugged in everything stopped.
Ehjaytee
Neighbour
I have a toshiba tv, arris vip5662 reciever, and xbox one, run direct to separate hdmi ports and have similar problems, whe the optik is connected all button functions for tv (both via remote and buttons on tv) will be unresponsive until the power on tv is held for a while, then tv will turn off, and when turned back on functions normally for a while...
Ehjaytee
Neighbour
Have tried many different hdmi cables and changing hdmi ports and same result... as well as disabling hdmi-cec completely on xbox
Community Power User
Community Power User
- What model is your toshiba
- Have you checked the manufacturers website (Toshiba) for a firmware update

I have never seen an HDMI input lockup a tvs software. If you have another tv, test the Optik receiver on it. See if you can duplicate your issue.
Highlighted
Ehjaytee
Neighbour
Tv is a toshiba 50L2200U. It is a 2011 or 12 model, it is not a smart tv and doesnt have internet connectivity so no updates. I have not tried switching tvs but my family has said similar things happen to our samsung tv with the 2nd reciever of the same model. I have yet to confirm this though.
hg
Resident

I just got a new TV box today. Exact same problem. Any solutions?

Thank you.