Fiber Optic

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

meidingt
Resident

When available Kelowna?

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus has said before they won't install fiber to existing areas, only new subdivisions.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Most Helpful
Danger
Advocate

What about to areas where fiber is laid to the house just not in use, like mine in Red Deer?  I ask because I havent been able to find anything about planned use...if ever.

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
Telus won't pre-announce changes to service. It will come either as a PR announcement or as an advert to your mail box.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

@DangerIf there is existing fiber but you're on copper, either it was installed when the area was built and never activated or there is a small chance that it may be but I'm not sure how to get Telus to switch to it. Telus rarely advertises fiber availability to the house. I wish mine had it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy