cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not coming in

Pasco
Just Moved In

I have not received any emails on my webmail account since 8:15 pm last night.  Why is this.  Cannot get on computer, phone and when I log into webmail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There's a posted outage for email. Please be patient while they sort it out.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/ONGOING-Interruption-of-Webmail-Services-Nationally/ta-p/9...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you provide a few more details?  The sentence portion: “and when I log into webmail” seems incomplete.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Basically no emails are coming in on all devices (laptop, phone, and on the webmail (internet))

I just sent a test email to my telus.net account and my wife's and both worked. There was a 5 minute delay before it showed up.

BrettF
Just Moved In
Same issue. Email not coming in since last night. Test emails from other accounts to my telus account this morning are not showing up in webmail or email software. Outgoing messages are working.

DLD
Neighbour

I have the same issue. No incoming Outlook mail since last night [laptop and phone]. Outgoing works - I did a test e-mail to another account. Grande Prairie, AB.

Sadie
Just Moved In

Same problem here. No incoming emails since about 8 pm last night. And I can't find out any information as to why.

kelownasteve
Neighbour

I'm having the same issues too with no emails being received since about 8PM BC time last night

Telus mail delivery is fine as can send to a test gmail email address but replies are not being received in the telus.net account

I'm thinking this is pretty widespread as the chat window showing the queue for this issue over 90 has people ahead of me. 

I am having the same problem in Edmonton, has anyone been able to talk to someone at Telus.  Last email was at 8:18 last night.

Same problem in South Surrey. No emails since 6:30 this morning.

Same here in south east bc

Fingers crossed Telus is finally showing signs of sorting out the issue as just got a new email. Only one so far but is a start at least .... 

PowerjacK72
Just Moved In

Was on hold for 60 minutes and finally got through to an agent, they are aware of the problem and have no timeline for fix.

GratitudeAttitude
Just Moved In
This is what the telus support told me.. Grace said: Upon checking here on the outage board, it has been reported an on-going issue on telus webmail impacting emails not to send and receive . There are no estimated time of fix yet. But No worries. For the resolution, there are already assigned Network Support working on to resolved the interruption . "No worries!" does that mean they don't care?  I don't get it - it is a worry! At least they provided a link to monitor the outage... How helpful. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/tkb-p/ServiceStatus

Email is working in and out to my email clients, and at the time I write this, incoming email to the webmail interface is working from gmail, so the issue seems to be with the outgoing server from webmail. 

If you have the option to send mail from a mail client on your device, it should work without difficulty.

NFtoBC

Emails are coming in for you? If so how did you get that to work?

I've had no luck all day with emails coming in, I can send them out but no luck with incoming

I wouldn't call this fixed either as have received only four emails today - 3 from Facebook and one from a Home Depot subscription. There's at least 50 more sitting out there someplace to be sent so Telus is probably scrambling to deal with the backlog still to be sent. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There's a posted outage for email. Please be patient while they sort it out.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/ONGOING-Interruption-of-Webmail-Services-Nationally/ta-p/9...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I'm starting to see my email from earlier in the day slowly trickling in for the last 90 minutes.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@nctltd wrote:

Emails are coming in for you? If so how did you get that to work?

I've had no luck all day with emails coming in, I can send them out but no luck with incoming

Yes, I have received emails to my Telus.net email address at 21:53 yesterday, and 5:58, 9:38, 10:49, 10:51, 12:03 and 15:26 today to the mail client on my computer. They all also appear in my Webmail page.  While others may be having a different experience, the foregoing is my personal experience. If the delivery (or lack thereof) is irregular, it may take longer to find the solution.

NFtoBC

MJ96
Just Moved In

There is definitely a problem. I noticed last night I lost all my emails prior to Jan 9, 2019. I called Telus and they didn't seem to really care as the rep felt that I likely deleted them without realizing. I googled outlook issues and it just so happens that a virus hit the UK hard yesterday which affects email outlook accounts. It is called Goner. It is sent in an email with Hi in the subject line and in the body "I found this screen saver I thought you would really like....." I remember getting that email and I did not click on the link. I did have a Microsoft popup saying my windows was not compatible with my processor, click here to learn more. I am guessing now that that is the issue as I did. I just got a new hard drive and thought it had something to do with that. The serious issue here is it wipes out your anti virus files making you vulnerable down the road. Canada is not saying much on the subject as of yet.