Eliminating T3200M and using Netgear Nighthawk R7000

victor_vvv
Resident
Hi,

So I understand that the Netgear R7000 or Tplink P5 routers support IPTV through VLAN setup which can help remove Telus's Actiontech router. Does anyone know if it's possible to still have internet through the port you have setup for vlan/the optik tv port?

My issue is that I have one cat7 line going from my storage room where the internet equipment is, to my living room. Then I have an unmanaged dlink switch that splits out to the Telus STB, and additional lines to my LG TV (Netflix), Chromecast, receiver, spare ethernet hardline, etc. The Actiontech T3200 can handle this no problem and provide ip addresses to all connected devices in the living room.

I heard that the Netgear router once you set a port to VLAN, you can't get internet on that port. Anyone have any experience, or have found a solution?

Thanks!
victor_vvv
Resident
Note I haven't bought a IPTV router yet. In the storage room I'm currently running ONT -> unmanaged switch ->
->Linksys EA7500 router for my other rooms and wifi.
-> T3200 for living room devices + optik tv

Just seeing if I can get rid of Telus and Linksys routers, the switch after the ONT, and just use one IPTV router.