Do I really need to change to IMAP?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Slo2Type
Resident
Just got off the phone with Telus internet support. Issue is I can no longer connect to POP3 mail account using outlook 2007. Was away for 2 months. Was told to go through the hassle and convert to IMAP. I cannot believe Telus is asking all it's POP3 users to convert. Any help out there?
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello,

POP settings are an older way of setting up email (when most people only viewed emails on one computer), but with the advent smatphones, tablets, and computers, the majority of people have email set up as IMAP to view emails across all devices.  You should still be able to use POP in Outlook 2007, just update your password, and it should work the way it did before.  If you're getting an error with POP in Outlook, make sure the password works in webmail and then you may need to call Microsoft as it may be a software bug.

Slo2Type
Resident
Dave, You are so kind to respond. Thank-you for giving my memory a kick. I did change my webmail password a month ago or so. I use RoboForm to manage all my passwords and the pop3 password was not registered. Thanks again!