Chromecast

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

telusbabe
Resident

My Chromecast continually stutters and buffers. I have tried all the tab quality settings. Is it the router? Telus wifi?  I am thinking Shaw may be better.

Community Power User
Community Power User

What speed internet service did you buy?

Which Telus modem model do you have?

How far is the Chromecast device from the modem?

What numbers do you get at SpeedTest.net?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Community Power User
Community Power User
On the chromecast splash screen bottom left corner what is the wifi signal strength (bars). If using an android device install the app "speed4cast". Connect to the chromecast and run the test. Report the results..

I don't have any casting issues when I use mine. What sites are you trying to cast?

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
telusbabe
Resident

Modem- T12000

Optik Internet 25

14 feet-modem was preinstalled in a wall cabinet

Speed test 23 mps

Chromecast speed 13 mps

SunDog
Connector

I find that Chromecasting a tab has major stuttering/lag issues but native casting, for example from YouTube, doesn't usually have such issues.

If you have slower computer then it can't do the on-the-fly conversion of the tab into video content fast enough and you get lag.

Shaw would have the same.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@telusbabe  based on @SunDog comment, and the speeds you describe, the problem does not appear to be with your connection, as even 5 - 6 Mbps to your Chrome device should give clean video. I suggest looking in the direction mentioned by SunDog.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
HGolightly
Connector

I appreciate the reply. I have discovered it is my wifi continually dropping. When I use my Google mini for Spotify, it cuts in and out.