Charged for On Demand Movies I Never Watched

OakBayGamer
Neighbour

I've been charged for 3 movies I never ordered. I live alone and no one else has access to my TV. Thankfully Telus believed me and waived the $23 fee. They could see that each movie was watched for between 9-20 min. But it couldn't have been on my TV. So how does this happen? I have the Telus app on my phone but never even use it. Can someone else watch a movie on their TV and it shows as watched on mine? Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Chicnstu
Advocate
If there was absolutely nobody else who had access to your TV boxes then it could have just been a billing error. It's is very rare for On Demand billing titles to be billed to the wrong customer because they are tied to the unique registration codes to each individual set top box but it can happen. Lots of times it is people with toddlers or babies playing around with the remote and they'll order a few events just by mashing random buttons.
xray
All-Star
Consider changing your password on your account just in case. Can't hurt.
OakBayGamer
Neighbour

Yes there is absolutely zero chance because no one else is ever in my place. It's very small and there are no toddlers or children in my life. So it's either a billing error (which is odd for it to happen with 3 movies over the course of 2 months) or someone hacked my account. Yet I don't understand how that could even happen if it's tied to my set top box. I have changed my password, which was already a very complicated one that I doubt anyone could figure out. 

OakBayGamer
Neighbour

Thanks, I've done so and hopefully it won't happen again. I'm just glad they actually believed me! 

xray
All-Star
You have the option to use your My TELUS account login or an Optik login to access Optik TV. If you haven't set up the Optik login then fine but if you did then make sure you change the password on that one too.