cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i replace my 1200H with the T3200M?

WannaBeTech
Friendly Neighbour

My cousin has an old T3200M which he isn't using anymore cuz they switch with Shaw & now he would like to gave it to me but im not sure if its gonna work or is legal. I currently have the Actiontec 1200H 25mbps plan w/ optik TV & n66u router connected to it. I'm just worried if telus gonna charge me more without telling them. But my cousin told me just to remain silent lol.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus wouldn't charge you anything extra. As long as the T3200 is a Telus one, just swap out the 1200 and make sure the T3200 is plugged in the same way as the 1200. Be sure to use the power supply that comes with the T3200 and not the one from the 1200. You'll have to set up the T3200 once you have it hooked up. (wifi, etc)

If you use your own router for wifi, you won't notice any difference in performance between the 1200 and 3200 on a 25mbps plan.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus wouldn't charge you anything extra. As long as the T3200 is a Telus one, just swap out the 1200 and make sure the T3200 is plugged in the same way as the 1200. Be sure to use the power supply that comes with the T3200 and not the one from the 1200. You'll have to set up the T3200 once you have it hooked up. (wifi, etc)

If you use your own router for wifi, you won't notice any difference in performance between the 1200 and 3200 on a 25mbps plan.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank u very much 🙂