Call wait times

KT
Resident

I have been on hold to speak to someone for over an hour. This is ridiculous. Why is your customer service so bad? 

Highlighted
Victoria_guy
Coach

It's best to call when you have at least 2 extra hours to wait, or as another suggested, very early in the morning. Maybe only a hour wait then.

AC08
Resident
I agree- I was left on hold for 3 HOURS yesterday before I decided to just give up. I am not impressed with the lack of customer service and the fact that obviously no one cared that I was waiting that long.
Squirrel
Neighbour

On for 1 hr after being told wait time is 45 mins - will give up and send a note to CRTC asking why wait times are false and why we can get better coverage and unlimited plans like in the US?  

Hi KT, although call times can fluctuate depending on volumes (how many people are calling in at any given time) you can connect with them via chat too from a computer! www.telus.com/chat 

Squirrel
Neighbour

Too late already posted complaint to CRTC and also asked why no unlimited plans in Canada - Canada has worst mobile service and rates in the Western world..... Sorry my post times vary as well!  Tried your link it didn't work.......

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Squirrel

@Dimo-X's link had a space on the end. Easy enough to fix in your address bar, but here it is again.

Just a note: the wireless code does not apply to the issues you wish addressed, so you may not receive an answer from the CRTC at all on those issues.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
BenoitYVR
Organizer

I normally prefer the chat option but i have been experimenting long wait time as well before I get connected. the last time there was more than 30 people ahead of me and gave up after 3 hours.

Community Power User
Community Power User
Just checked online chat and was que 8. Generally more and more people are using the live chat option to bypass long hold times calling in.

Wait times depend on the person they're assisting, not all calls/chats can be handled in a few minutes. Thus causing a snowball effect for wait times.

Ideally first thing in the mornings seem to be the best. Although that's not the real solution to the issues customers seem to face.

Find this post useful? Hit the Like button.
Darlene1
Connector

The link for chat doesn't work. I have been trying to contact support for three days, to no avail. Wait times are ridiculous. My lan line phone ...the battery dies after an hour on hold. Do I actually need to purchase another phone for a stronger battery just so I can be on hold for over an hour? Not acceptable. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

On your computer visit https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/contact-us?INTCMP=TcomFooter_contact_us there is a Live chat bottom right corner of the page. Enter your name, existing customer and the area of support. I just tried it an was instantly connected to a CSR rep. Guess luck of the draw.

Find this post useful? Hit the Like button.
Darlene1
Connector

Thank you for your help, but I tried this and it directs me to a page which does have the chat feature, but nowhere to click, ie botyom right corner. I did, however complete and submitted a customer support online form. Thanks again for the help.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 3.31.50 PM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"