cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth

PL
Advisor

Hi,

Just switched over from SHAW to Telus. I am on the 150/150 service for internet. Can somebody tell me does watching TV take away from the bandwidth of the internet? Say we're watching 2 or 3 TV's in the house, does my 150 drop significantly?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are watching Telus Optik TV, it is streamed separately on Fibre, but not on copper. Since 150/150 is delivered on Fibre, your internet speed should not be affected.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for the quick reply.

Love the speed. So far faster than SHAW. Apparently I'm on Pure Fiber. They said I should be able to get 300/300 soon. I've seen pricing that it's the same as 150. I'll be upgrading for sure.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@PL wrote:

I've seen pricing that it's the same as 150. I'll be upgrading for sure.

Pricing is $55 for 6 months, then the regular price, and you lock into a 2 year contract. It is currently being offered to new customers.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Oh don't worry, It's not the same price you and you get the fun of paying the full price 110 .. Enjoy 

I got 300/300 for $55 for 3 months and $95/month after with my loyalty discount so I am not sure what you are talking about unless you didn't want to re-sign up for 2 more years.