Anyone else having recent trouble with the Optik App?

pbsme
Connector

It isn't loading the listings beyond an hour or two. Searches don't work and last time I tried, it wouldn't allow me to set a recording. It had worked beautifully for me in the past. 

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
The company that supplies the guide data, has an "error establishing a database connection". Hence there is no guide data. Sure it's a server issue they will have resolved soon.
Highlighted
pbsme
Connector

Thanks, I was knocking myself out linking and unlinking my boxes. It's beautiful when it works. I'm glad I asked, and your quick response is much appreciated. 

Cherns
Coach

If you're talking about running the Optik Remote Record from a computer, as I often used to do...

The computer app (which is actually a web site, https://webservices.tv.telus.net/RdvrSilverlight/RDVR.html ) requires Silverlight, a Microsoft add-on now considered obsolete. Firefox, and I think Chrome, no longer support it--I don't think that even Microsoft Edge does. Internet Explorer seems to support Silverlight.

Looking at Telus marketing, they seem now to be promoting Optik Smart Remote, which runs on Android and IOS only, and there's no mention of running it from a PC. C'mon, Telus, get with the program--not all of us do all our computing on itty-bitty devices.