cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already Have a CraveTV Account, Not sure how to set up on Optik

Baxter
Just Moved In

So I just got an Optik TV account yesterday and I'm not sure how to get my Crave TV account working with it.  I have an account with Crave directly which I previously would use on ipad or my Xbox.  I know that I have to go to Channel 411 to access Crave, but I don't see any option to "login" or anything like that to link my Crave account to my Optik TV.  I didn't subscribe to Crave through Telus so I'm not exactly sure what to do. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

From Crave's FAQ:

Is there a difference between subscribing through my TV service provider and directly with CraveTV?

Yes. How you get billed for CraveTV will be different:

• If you subscribe directly through CraveTV by going to www.cravetv.ca/subscribe, your credit card will be charged $7.99 plus taxes on a monthly basis after completion of your 1-month trial period.
• If you subscribed to CraveTV through your TV service provider, CraveTV is part of your television package and you will be billed through the service provider.
• If you subscribed to CraveTV through your AppleTV, you will be charged on the credit card linked to your iTunes account.
• No matter how you subscribe, you will have access to CraveTV on web, iOS, Android, Xbox One, Windows 8.1 Samsung Smart TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick. Subscribing through your TV service provider may also give you access to CraveTV on demand through the set-top box.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
If I recall (not always a sure thing) Crave TV through Optik is a different subscription than the standalone product. A search on the topic will return more info. If you wish to use Crave TV through Optik, you may need to drop your current subscription, and start a fresh one through Optik.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

From Crave's FAQ:

Is there a difference between subscribing through my TV service provider and directly with CraveTV?

Yes. How you get billed for CraveTV will be different:

• If you subscribe directly through CraveTV by going to www.cravetv.ca/subscribe, your credit card will be charged $7.99 plus taxes on a monthly basis after completion of your 1-month trial period.
• If you subscribed to CraveTV through your TV service provider, CraveTV is part of your television package and you will be billed through the service provider.
• If you subscribed to CraveTV through your AppleTV, you will be charged on the credit card linked to your iTunes account.
• No matter how you subscribe, you will have access to CraveTV on web, iOS, Android, Xbox One, Windows 8.1 Samsung Smart TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick. Subscribing through your TV service provider may also give you access to CraveTV on demand through the set-top box.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

So should I interpret that except to mean that using Crave through the Telus receiver is only an option if I’ve subscribed to it via Telus then?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Basically. Crave is set up more like a channel than an app such as Netflix. Bell, who owns Crave, and isn't the most user friendly company out there, set up Crave on TV set top boxes that way.