cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actiontec T3200M and ASUS RT-AC88U

Stumped
Just Moved In

Recently signed up for Optik TV and upgraded internet connection to fiber 150/150 at same time.  Prior to Telus installation and internet upgrade I had successfully configured a fully functional wired house - all devices were connected, mostly thru hard wiring (Roku boxes, nVidia Shield, TV's, Hue lights, Samsung SmartThings hub, etc.). 

Wiring from router goes thru walls with switch boxes in receiving rooms to feed the various devices.  Since the installation I have not had any success in getting the Optik TV to route thru my ASUS router.  I have configured the Actiontec T3200M to enable bridge mode thru port 1 which feeds my WAN port on the router.  From my router I have the ethernet cables that feed my TV's plugged in.  When I turn on the Optik TV I will only get a TV feed for about 10-15 seconds before it freezes up.  If I feed the TV's from any of the available ports (2-4) on the Actiontec it streams fine.  I do not want to feed my various devices from the Actiontec - I want my configured router to do that task.  What am I missing?  Been pulling my hair out for a week now trying to fix this, but to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
You will have enable/configure multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) in your ASUS router. Providing it handles multicasting. Otherwise you will experience the “freezing” issue.

Most of us let the T3200m handle optik tv services and a 3rd party router to handle everything else.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
You will have enable/configure multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) in your ASUS router. Providing it handles multicasting. Otherwise you will experience the “freezing” issue.

Most of us let the T3200m handle optik tv services and a 3rd party router to handle everything else.

Thanks for the feedback WestCoasterBC.  Since posting I found a solution that allowed me to eliminate the need for the Telus provided Actiontec T3200M, and to route everything through my ASUS existing router.  You are right about the IGMP Proxy setting as being part of the solution.  Anyway, it has only been 24 hours since re-configuring my set up but everything is working as it is supposed to.  For anyone else looking for a similar solution I would recommend that you check out the following link;

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/187-telus-iptv-also-known-optik-tv/240329-successfully-replaced-act...

Stumped (no more)