4k PVR over coax

Rallyman03
Neighbour

Hi there, 

I had a 4k PVR located in my media room connected via ethernet to my actiontech router. However, I would like to use the ethernet connection to provide a hard-wired connection to my network devices in the room (apple tv, tv, receiver, etc.) Is there a way to connect my 4k PVR via coax as I have two extra coax's in that location. My actiontech has a coax connection right now and my master bedroom 1080p box runs on coax currently. Any help is appreciated. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

You could try a gigabit ethernet switch between the PVR and the wall. That's what I did for my PVR and the other hardwired devices I have beside it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
xray
All-Star
Get a MoCA adapter and you're set.
Rallyman03
Neighbour

Does any MoCa adapter work or is there a particular one that I should get? Thank you. 

xray
All-Star
In theory any MoCA adapter should work. That's not the same as saying the one you buy will work. Some of the no-name brands may be dodgy.

I got mine from the TELUS installer when he installed the boxes. If you happen to get a visit from a TELUS tech and you ask nicely they will most likely give you one for free.
Rallyman03
Neighbour

I found this one. https://www.amazon.ca/Actiontec-Bonded-Ethernet-Adapter-ECB6200S02/dp/B013J7OBUU/ref=sr_1_2?keywords...

I'm hoping that because its actiontech it will work. Telus hasn't really been all that helpful on this. I've offered to purchase an adapter from them but they are telling me that I need to have a tech come out and that it would be a billable service call. I never thought moving a tv would be so difficult. Thanks for all your help.

xray
All-Star
I think the billable TELUS service call would be cheaper than that adapter.

Check this one out:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1389945-REG/motorola_mm1000_10_moca_adapter_1gbps.html