1080i keeps switching to 720p

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Darryl19788
Neighbour
Hi,

I've noticed this a few times that my PVR display setting defaults back to 720p even though I have set it at 1080i, any idea what is going on? How can it be fixed?
RyDawg
Connector
Could possibly be that your TV is actually 720p. May want to check your TV's specifications to see wether you have a 720p or 1080p TV.
Darryl19788
Neighbour
The tv is 1080p, I have a LG 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV, I had the same issue with the tv we had before, maybe it's the old antique Telus box?
kikithecafekief101
Ambassador
Just I I set up my visio 4k 50 inch smart tv I see it was 720 but for the passed 6 months I had it on 1080p on my 32 inch lcd 1080 tv, I think I had the same problem.... May be software issue.. Or really outdated failed box.
Darryl19788
Neighbour
I have three boxes in my house, it is the PVR that keeps switching back to 720p, I wonder if Telus has a solution except for replacing the box.
kikithecafekief101
Ambassador
Have the same problem again just saw again that my visio 50 inch 4k smart tv isb 330 set top box is switching 720p now a few times in the past three months.
Highlighted
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

This will happen every time you watch 720p content on Optik. Most channel still only support 720p streaming, so it defaults back. Smiley Frustrated

iPhone power user